Thursday, April 12, 2012

Real Food Pledge

Hey everyone!
     I have been slacking a bit in new post production, sorry!  Lent recently ended, and though I didn't give up blogging, I did give up meat.  Every year it is such a difficult decision and unfortunately my diet usually suffers.  The lack of meat in my diet usually gets supplemented with pastas and late night bowls of cereal.  I have never been one to eat a salad and be satisfied.  Fish was a large part of my diet, but it gets expensive and with my schedule I couldn't stop at the market every day for fresh salmon or tuna like I would want to.



     Although I have not been blogging, I have never stopped working! Over the past several weeks, I have done some extensive research on "real food" pledges.  I don't want to use the diet, because I am not looking into them as a form of a fad diet.  I became interested after watching a video about "low-fat" and "sugar-free" commercialized items that are SO bad for you.  As a scientist, I can admit I probably don't put enough thought into what goes into my body.  There are far too many products with chemical compounds that I cannot even pronounce so why are we ingesting them at such high frequencies??




     So this coming week, I will begin my first "real food pledge."  My main resource will be 100 Days of Real Food.  It is a blog created by a woman named Lisa and she has a wonderful set of guidelines that she has created over her own personal experiences.  I plan on starting small.  10 days, then depending on how it goes, two weeks, then maybe three.  We will see!



 
    It is going to take a lot of concentration and dedication.  Sometimes I am at school for 12 hours a day, and my only relief is an iced coffee with way too much caramel sauce.  Also, I am a sucker for chicken wings, and being on the rebound from Lent is going to be bittersweet seeing them disappear from my vocabulary again :(



     I will be writing about my experience (hopefully daily), what I find the most difficult, what I find easier than expected and most importantly, my energy levels.  I am VERY excited about seeing how my energy levels will change with the increase of natural foods.  Check back often to see how it goes and let me know about anything you have done, whether it was successful or not, and if you would recommend it!

Have a great weekend, and as always happy running :) xo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! I found your blog through Pinterest and I totally agree, I am trying to cut processed food out of my diet as well. Good luck with your challenge, I'm going to look into it!
    Kasey
    PS-- I love wings, too. Like, too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I am looking forward to folloing your progress!

    ReplyDelete