Monday, April 16, 2012

Preparing for 'Real Food'



     Alright, so I did some grocery shopping this morning after my run and I have to say... natural, organic food is really fluffing expensive!!! $40 on these items! (the granola is being returned, I somehow skipped over the cane juice in the ingredients). I didn't get things I already had like eggs, milk, honey, green tea and whole grain pita pockets from Joseph's (a local bakery).  The almond butter and quinoa were two items that I really wanted to get, but were just not in the budget.  Maybe later this week I will go get them if I feel like I can extend my pledge to two or three weeks.


  I mostly bought staple items that will last me the 10 days least, but holy moly I have never spent that much on so few items before. I felt so anal standing there reading ingredients on everything I picked up but I was really surprised how much sugar is added to things that I thought would be ok. Come to find out, just because something is organic, doesn't mean it's healthier! You still have to check the label!

     One of the rules that I have ready broken is 'buying local'. Unfortunately, April in Massachusetts does not have a lot to offer in the fresh produce department. So my produce will be coming from the grocery store.
This is Sugar, she has been my running buddy this past week while I house sit.  I found it quite ironic that her name is Sugar and here I am doing everything in my power to cut sugar out! haha 
She isn't part of my pledge but she is so darn cute!! :)

Day 1 tomorrow... Wish me luck!
Happy running :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment