Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 2 - Real Food

   OK everyone, plain yogurt is gross!  I have never tried yogurt without at least vanilla flavoring and I have to say, now I know why.  The consistency is completely different and the taste is nothing like I had expected.  Good thing I had a boatload of cantaloupe chunks to throw in there!  I am pretty sure that melon, mixed berries, or granola are going to be the only way I finish the container before it goes bad!


       I had a snack of some grapes with cheese mid-morning.  Lunch was yummy, yesterday's shrimp and couscous leftovers with a side of raw baby carrots.  I had an orange in the afternoon, then made kale chips when I got home.  Yes, KALE chips!  Chopped up kale with a drizzle of oil (used my hands to coat it well) and into the over at 400F for 12-15 minutes until crispy.  A sprinkle of sea salt when they come out, and they are ready to enjoy!Be careful, there is a very delicate window from crispy to burnt, so watch them after about 10 minutes.  SO delicious, thanks Auntie Sue :)


     Dinner was baked chicken with a honey mustard marinade that I made myself with steamed broccoli and what was supposed to be a baked sweet potato.  Come to find out, 30 minutes is not long enough to bake a sweet potato, so we had left over couscous instead.  Still very yummy, and now I can have the sweet potato with my lunch tomorrow.  

    It may seem like I am eating a lot, but I should have mentioned earlier that I am a snacker.  I have never been one to be able to go a full 5-6 hours between meals.  I would much rather have less food, more often.  Which is good, because that is what is recommended anyways, but in the past I was not always the best decision maker when it came to snack time.  I have always been one to say that I would rather run an extra 3 miles than not eat a piece of cake.  That still stands true.  But I am going to try and cut down... maybe.  haha

   No yoga tonight :( Major headache made me conk out super early.  I am definitely going Thursday though.  It's hip-hop yoga night at Southcoast Yoga.  I am excited :) I have really enjoyed it the few times that I have gone.  I am getting very determined to return to my gymnast flexibility and master some of the more advanced poses that I know I could do a few years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment