Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 3 - Real food

     So I believe that I have found the cause of my headache the past two days... Not enough caffeine.  I am a two-cups-a-day (at least!) kind of girl and I realized this morning that the green tea that I have been supplementing my morning cup of coffee with has less than half of the amount of caffeine in it as one cup of coffee.  I will be making steps to increase my green tea intake.  There are worse things!



Step one:  This morning I brewed some green tea (3 bags in 2 cups of water) and poured it over a big cup of ice.  I then poured about 1/4 cup of hot waster over 1 tablespoon of honey in a separate cup to get all of the honey dissolved and mixed the two.  Yum :) A nice big cup of iced green tea!
Step two:  Bring one of the tea bags to school so I can have a cup mid day if I feel another headache coming on.




     Breakfast was yogurt with frozen mixed berries.  I can't believe how much more bearable the yogurt is with the berries in it!  Not too shabby.  Lunch was honey mustard chicken and broccoli leftovers.. I forgot my sweet potato at home :(  A snack of grapes and strawberries helped a lot this afternoon, this weather has me craving iced cream really badly.


      I had dinner at work tonight which was somewhat challenging.  Anyone who has ever been in the food service industry cringes at special orders, but sometimes it has to be done!  I had seared tuna with peppercorn crust, a baked potato with blue cheese crumbles and steamed spinach.  Work wore me out, and by the time I left I had snacked on some mixed nuts, a baked sweet potato and an orange.

     When I got home from work, I found out that my family had eaten Chinese food for dinner.  And let me tell you, an apple with peanut butter DOES NOT taste like yummy Chinese food :( haha

     Before bed: (10 push-ups +10 bicycles) X 5

No comments:

Post a Comment