Sunday, April 22, 2012

Days 6 and 7- Real food

     Day 6 - This morning I woke up and brewed a cup of green tea as usual.  But I was so preoccupied with Luke Bryan's hotness that I poured a whopping spoonful of sugar right in.  And as my luck would have it, it was the last tea bag... bummer :(  But I mean come on...



     For breakfast, I have to brag.  I made some pretty awesome "baked egg cups"  They weren't quiche, just scrambled eggs with mushrooms and spinach.  I scrambled the eggs and spooned them into the cups (greased with just a touch of butter), then added the mushroom and spinach.  I stirred it with a spoon to make sure that the veggies were well coated and would just burn sitting on top of the egg.



15 minutes in a 375degree F oven and these little lovelies come out :)


     I had two with a dollop of sour cream.  Weird I know, but I have been going through mayonnaise withdrawals and I was in need of an acceptable condiment in my life!! haha

     Lunch was fantastic.  Salmon on the grill with a salad of shrimp and pine nuts over wilted baby spinach.  I cooked the shrimp also on the grill in an aluminum packet with a little bit of butter.  I used the melted butter and some fresh squeezed lime as the dressing for the salad.  


     At work I snacked on some strawberries and cantaloupe as well as a plum.  Dinner was on the move, just the rest of the shrimp salad.

Day 7 - Nothing fancy for breakfast this morning, just scrambled eggs.  I had a cranberry tea later in the morning that was wonderful.  I feel like such a brat sometimes checking labels on absolutely everything.  I think that is one of the reasons I have refrained from going to a restaurant so far.  Like I said before, I work in food service and no one likes that whiny customer.  Plus I enjoy experimenting with things at home.  Anything that can get my brain off of my homework for half an hour is ok in my book!

     Today was a hard core school work day.  I had a few friends over to work on some things and throughout the day we enjoyed some good snacks including this frozen fruit salad concoction.  Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and mango.  So good.  I also had some granola and a plum.  



     Dinner was really good.  My mom had made a red sauce with crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and onions.  They had the sauce with hamburg over pasta, I mixed it with couscous.  Doesn't look very appetizing I know but it tasted amazing!



     Going to try and muster up the strength for 50 push-ups before bed... We'll see.

Happy running :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment