Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 1 - Real Food

     OK, PROBLEM!  Not sure how this never entered my mind until right this minute, but when I decided to do this pledge and cut out all forms of processed sugar I didn't realize that the sugar in my morning coffee was part of that.  HAHA so needless to say I was a bit grumpier at 7:00am than I had expected.  But a nice cup of green tea with honey fixed that real quick! Crisis averted :)

     I didn't mention it yesterday, but I plan to use my FitnessPal and RunKeeper apps to track my food intake vs exercise and energy levels on runs.  I want to reiterate that I am NOT COUNTING CALORIES.  The whole point of this is not to be on a diet where I feel hungry or restricted from eating good food.  It is to cut out processed, refined components in the food I eat.  Having said that, I have no intention of eating an entire block of cheese this afternoon haha :)  But I will not be tracking caloric intake whatsoever.  It will be purely data entry.


Breakfast was good. An orange and a small bowl of Kashi 7 grain cereal.
Lunch was amazing! I made shrimp on the grill with fresh squeezed lime, pine nuts, and garlic with couscous and corn on the cob. SO yummy.
Dinner was equally as good. Fresh Atlantic cod baked with just a little bit of butter and dill and homemade french fries. The fries were cooked in vegetable oil, which is not a total no-no but I'm not going to make a habit of it. A little light snacking throughout the day of cheese with grapes, and some nuts.



    The hardest part was all day having to say no to things. I'm not hungry or unsatisfied with my meals but it took a lot of will power to say no to homemade Toll House cookies last night!  I am excited to continue on :)

3 comments:

  1. Impressive dedication! I gave up chocolate for April and it has been showing me how often I reach to it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda :)

    Good for you Jen! I hope it is going well :) Thanks for your interest and support!

    ReplyDelete