Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 8 - Real Food

     Holy moly! Day 8?!  I can't believe that I have already reached this point.  I feel amazing.  I have noticed my clothes fit better and my pants are needing another notch in the belt to hold them up!  I think it is pretty safe to say that most of the weight I have lost so far is all bloat.  The biggest difference by far is in my stomach.  I have considered before and after pictures (I took a pic of myself the day before I started for personal comparison) if I think that it is warranted.  So far, the change is pretty noticeable so I just may.  I wish I had more time to exercise during this challenge because with all of the good foods I am eating, I know it would kick fat-burning into high gear.  Oh well, soon.  I have already decided that I will be extending my pledge to be at least two weeks.  We will see from there, a girl can only say to no cheeseburgers for so long!



     Breakfast was nothing special, granola and yogurt with a plum.  I froze a full two pounds of strawberries this morning.  They were on sale, and I'm a sucker for a good deal! haha  My mom gave me a great tip.  If you half the berries freeze them flat, on a cookie sheet or something similar, and then place them in a freezer bag or Tupperware, they don't clump together and are MUCH easier to just grab a few for a snack at any time!  Worked great, I was really happy about that.  I was on the run this afternoon with a big presentation at school, so the frozen berries ended up being lunch and needless to say I was STARVING by the time I got home this afternoon.  A snack of grapes and cheese while I made dinner hit the spot.
     Dinner was pork chops cooked in olive oil with sauteed onions and Old Bay seasoning.  I know it's more than 5 ingredients, but I was too lazy to put all of the spices together myself.  But man, was it good!  Along with fresh mashed potatoes and green beans with grated Parmesan cheese I was quite full.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment