Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 5 - Real food

     Good news!! I'm down 4lbs! Honesty, I forgot to weigh myself on Sunday, right before I began.  But the last time I remember weighing myself was about a week before and I am down 4lbs!  I was shocked.  I didn't think that it would make such a big difference so quickly.  I had it in my mind that if I lost 5lbs in the 10 days, or even two weeks that it would be a success.  But 4lbs in 5 days?!  Never would have thought that.  I have decided to only weigh myself on certain "milestones" if you can even call it that.  Today was day 5, so I am halfway through the intended plan.  I will wait to weigh myself again until day 10 (the potential end).  If I decide to extend my pledge I will weigh in again on day 14, and so on until I feel like I can't take it anymore and eat something really terrible.

     I want to reiterate that I am not doing this purely for the number on the scale.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am not one to pay attention to that.  I am not saying that I don't need to loose weight, but if I feel comfortable with my body, and how my clothes fit then I am alright with whatever that number may be.  That is why I didn't expect to actually loose that much weight.  I have practically no time in my schedule right now to exercise the way I should, so I thought maybe a few pounds.  But I have tried really hard to tell anyone who asks that I am not on a diet.  I called it a challenge, or a pledge because I didn't want it to be something I did for 10 days and then gave up.  It is way more mental than anything else and I wanted to challenge myself to doing it.  If I look better in a bikini in Aruba in a few weeks, then hey, I won't complain! :)


     I did my "8 minutes to a better day routine" this morning, had a bowl of Kashi and then went off to work.  I brought plenty of snacks with me to deter from the wonderful fried food and clam chowder :)



     Lunch was baked cod with fresh pico de gallo and a double helping of broccoli.  It was delicious but I would have really loved some crunchy breadcrumbs! I finished all of my snacks, except for the orange.  Got home pretty early so I made scrambled eggs with tomato and Tabasco sauce for dinner.  Overall a pretty boring day. 

1 comment:

  1. All this yummy healthy food is making me hungry. :) Great job hun, KEEP GOING!!

    ReplyDelete