Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Team Hoyt

I had the absolute honor and privilege of meeting Dick ad Rick Hoyt this weekend who were in my town to complete the half marathon.  To date they have competed in over 1,100 races including full marathons and several Iron Man competitions.  They are such a wonderful example of strength and endurance in the face of what would seem impossible to most.  Dick was such a pleasure to speak with and had such kind, encouraging words for me.




It is hard to believe all of the whining I have done over the years because of my asthma, or just because I was tired.  Not to say that every person doesn't encounter their share of struggles, and the size of an obstacle is definitely in the eye of the beholder, but still.  It absolutely puts things in perspective.  



Such a wonderful family and an incredible inspiration for breaking down barriers for the physically challenged. Nothing is impossible!!




For more information on Team Hoyt, follow this link to their website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment