Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Run to the Rock 10K

Saturday I ran my first 10K since I was a kid, when I would travel to Georgia every summer to run in the Peachtree road race every 4th of July!

This time, I was running to test myself for pace and distance for my upcoming half marathon in just three weeks!  And it was AWESOME!! It was a beautiful, cool morning in Plymouth with beautiful scenery and a home stretch that bordered the water.  It was so great, I even set a new PR :)

My official time was 1:07:25 with a pace of 10:52/mile.  It was only a few weeks ago that I was dreaming about the possibility of keeping an 11min/mile for the HM, but now I don't think it is that far off!

A HUGE thank you to my family for coming out :)  My mom, dad, grandmother, sister, sister's boyfriends and of course my very own hunnie were all there to cheer me on :)  It was great!!  They were standing ~1/4 mile from the finish line which was a HUGE push at the end for me!!






Official Race photo:  Looking like a goober as usual haha



No comments:

Post a Comment