Monday, September 30, 2013

Rock n Roll Half marathon

Amazing.  I still can't stop smiling 24 hours later.  This was such a great event through a great city and the crew for Rock n Roll marathon series was awesome!!  I absolutely loved the route, it was beautiful running through the city, but then also scenic taking us pretty far out to run along the water at points.  It was somewhat hilly but not unbearable.  I feel like once you run the NB half AND have done two Tough Mudders, you can run do anything ;) haha

I kiced my PR's butt and shaved 14 minutes off of my previous half-marathon time.  I averaged just over 11 minute/miles which I thought was unattainable!  Most importantly, I NEVER STOPPED TO WALK!!!  There are not enough exclamation points that would fit on the page to express my excitement for this accomplishment.

It was tough but soooo worth it. Couldn't be more thankful for my wonderful support team including my parents, Stephie and Randy for making the trip in the wee hours this morning to cheer me on :) I am so grateful.  

I also have the best family and friends a girl could ask for, with constant words of support and encouragement throughout this weekend and my entire training for that matter.  I am so blessed to be surrounded with the most amazing people :)

Unfortunately I am not the kind of runner that can multi-task so I don't have any pictures along the route.  I do have some great before and after shots though, and a few my sister took of me at mile 12.5... the bitter end!!

Overall I had a wonderful experience and I cannot wait until my next race!  And it is safe to say that I will be participating in this event for as long as it is hosted in the area!  Who knows, maybe soon I can travel to one!



















No comments:

Post a Comment