Monday, April 7, 2014

Baked salmon and veggies

I used to post a lot more recipes and I am not sure why I got away from it, because Randy and I make some pretty awesome food :)

This gem is a variation of a baked salmon dish I found on Pinterest.  And it could not have been simpler.  It took me longer to cut the green beans then it to put the entire rest of the dish together!

Right before it hits the oven!

What you'll need:
  • (3) 8oz salmon fillets
  • 4 tbs unsalted butter 
  • 1/2 tsp dill
  • 1/2 tsp dry parsley
  • 8oz green beans *
  • 8oz baby carrots *
  • 8oz grape tomatoes *
* the quantity and selection of veggies is completely up to you!  I want to try asparagus next time!

Prep:
  • Pre-heat oven to 350F
  • Using a whisk or handheld beater, combine butter with dill and parsley until evenly distributed
  • Chop veggies:  baby carrots and tomatoes lengthwise, ends off of green beans
What to do:
  • Spray the center of the baking dish with olive oil (I only did this to ensure that the salmon didn't stick in the center.  You could always put down a bit of the butter under the salmon for this purpose)
  • Place the salmon in the center of the dish
  • Add about 3/4 of a tablespoon of the butter to the top of each salmon piece
  • Place the veggies around the perimeter, adding a small amount of butter in between (if you'd like)
  • Place the whole dish in the oven for 25-30  minutes, depending on how well done you like your fish
Another shot before it goes in the oven!
Fresh out of the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment