Monday, August 4, 2014

Baked Zucchini Sticks

Today begins a 5 day clean eating challenge for my boyfriend and I.

Which means that yesterday was food prep day!!  I am a snacker, so I NEED to have options readily available at all times or I won't stick to the plan.  I found a recipe for these on Pinterest and decided to give them a shot!

What you will need:
1 large zucchini
1 tbs EVOO
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (fresh shaved or grated)

What to do:
Pre-heat oven to 350F
Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet and set it aside
Chop zucchini into sticks, or wedges (be sure to size them as evenly as you can, for even cooking)
Place sticks on cooling rack on baking sheet and coat with EVOO using a basting brush
Evenly sprinkle black pepper and seasoning mix across the batch
Place in oven for 15-18 minutes
Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and place in broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is golden brown

*For mine, I had an eggplant that wasn't going to be fresh for much longer, so I decided to try it out with that as well!  Although the eggplant became quite crispy, the flavor was awesome!


Chopping away!  PS How cute is this apron?

Lay the sticks out on the baking sheet

Add a little EVOO
DONE!  This is after we devoured about half of the batch!
Mine may not look as pretty as the ones from Pinterest, but I tell ya they were darn yummy! :)
Pinterest photo:  A bit more artistic than mine! haha




No comments:

Post a Comment