Monday, August 12, 2013

8 weeks!

8 weeks remaining until the race.  #ActiveAugust is going great, I enjoy having a task to complete each day, as well as know that I have a solid short term goal ahead of me!

Day 4:  Cheat meal

This "cheat meal" was more like a cheat day!  Being from Massachusetts I am pretty sure it is in my DNA to crave fresh seafood.  This lobster roll was DELICIOUS.  Then there was chocolate cake for my little brother's birthday!!  I did manage to run 2.5 miles in the afternoon, but my legs were like lead sinkers.  Total pain the whole way.  Oh well, better than nothing!


Day 5: Motivation
 These are a few of my favorite motivational quotes.  Even the slowest progress is progress, even the slowest mile is a mile!  Also, my Fuel Band rocks and it keeps me super motivated to move more every day!  My motivations are not purely fitness based though, school is always on my mind and finishing my masters degree is a goal that I am VERY proud of!!!



This afternoon I took a walk with Francisco to the coffee shop near campus to shake off the chill from our way-too-cold new lab space!  3 miles round trip!! I was running low on Fuel Points later in the evening from a day of doing nothing but sitting at the computer, so Randy went around the block with me a few times after dinner so I could make sure that I kept my points streak alive!! :)  Had the sweetest corn-on-the-cob for a snack, Fenway wanted some, I was a bit afraid.

Day 6: Favorite gym equipment



Well, considering I don't go to the gym, my list of choices is pretty short.  But I love working out from home and my running sneakers are my best pals right now!  I absolutely love my weighted gloves, they make Zumba even more of a challenge than it already is, highly recommend them!  The pull-up bar and I are not friends, but I am trying really hard to come around.  I promised myself I would start putting some focus into my upper-body and get the shoulders I really want, but I just despise that thing! haha

Day 7:  Cardio

One of these days I will finally be a morning person and run before it hits 70F in the afternoon.  Until then I will struggle through afternoon runs between jobs!  I am really happy with my run today, however short it was :)  I still had really good time, with the assistance of Pitbull haha

Day 8:  Clean Recipe



Zesty Lime Shrimp with couscous.  This is one of Randy's favorite meals that I make and it couldn't be any simpler.  
Shrimp salad:
  • 1 lb jumbo shrimp
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 hass avocado, diced
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 limes, juice of
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • hot sauce of choice to taste
1. Cook the shrimp (steamed, sauteed, however you choose)  
    I prefer to cook mine in an aluminum packet in the oven with lime juice, olive oil and a bit of hot sauce
2. In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
3. In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.

While this is getting ready I prepare the couscous, adding just a dash of olive oil to make sure it doesn't get too sticky!


Day 9: Gallon of H2O



Holy moly!!  This was a lot harder than I thought, and I drink a lot of water throughout the day!  I think I kept on pace and accomplished a full gallon.  Had girl's night with Jill and Amy this night, so I knew I had to keep up the water intake all day to combat the fun that evening! :)  I also got a wonderful haircut by Miss Nadia in the morning, nothing but complements all weekend :)



Day 10:  Tunes


These are just a few selections from my VERY eclectic running playlist.  There is a little bit of everything in there, and I swear every time I feel like I need a change of pace, the genre will change and it will be exactly what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment