Tuesday, August 20, 2013

7 weeks to go, my birthday and halfway point of Active August!

Day 11: Smoothie


This smoothie is one of my favorites right now.  Pretty much anything that I can add this tropical fruit mix into is amazing.  Pineapple, papaya, kiwi, mango and red papaya.  Today I added a handful of fresh blueberries and a scoop of vanilla protein powder and it was delicious!!  But enough about the smoothie!!  I can't help but gloat about runs today!!  Yes that is plural.  I was short on time this morning but felt guilty about not getting at least a short run in, so I pushed hard for 2 miles and it payed off!  Then in the evening I set out to finally run 5 miles in 1 hour flat and I crushed it.  55 minutes, I couldn't even believe it.  It definitely puts into sight my goal for 11 minute/miles for the HM.  But I may be getting ahead of myself haha  Either way, I felt great and I could have gone farther but I didn't want to kill the rest of my week by pushing a bit too far trying to be a show off.



Also, my nifty (yes, nifty) new running belt came in on Friday and I used it today for the first time.  Pretty excited :)  I was able to carry some GU's with me as well and my inhaler worry free!

Day 12: Burpees

OK, so I didn't do any burpees today.  I did however run the 2.7miles to Zumba then hobble my way through the 1 hour class! :) Plus I got to play with my friend's new puppy yesterday and you just can't have a bad day when you get to play with a puppy :)

 Day 13: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!  oh ya, and Run
It's my birthday and I'll walk if I want to! Tough run with high humidity and super sore legs, so I ended up walking the majority of the last mile. Vanilla blueberry smoothie for breakfast and a glitter mani has me feeling great though. Wonderful presents from my hunnie including a Bruins Alex & Ani, a new anchor wallet and tickets to the John Meyer show this Sunday in New Hampshire!!!! Hooray for birthdays!!! :)


Randy, Stephie and Kate came with me to Sky Zone in East Providence in the afternoon and it was SO much fun!  Felt like a kid again in the backyard on the trampoline!  I definitely wish it were closer, I would go all the time!!

Feeling youthful, doing some back-tucks and other gymnastics skills that I haven't done in about 5 years!  Felt great, but definitely sore!! haha

Even Nike knew it was my birthday :)

Day 14 - Outside

Legs were shot today so no run, but Randy and I took a nice fast-walk around the pond before dinner :) Autumn is right around the corner here and the cool mornings and evening are AMAZING. Turkey burgers with fresh veggies and corn on the cob for dinner :)

Day 15 - Planks

I. Despise. Planks. I know I should do them more, but I just don't like them! Trying though! Slow run this morning, legs are still pretty sore. My cat Fenway supervised from the window while I stretched and warmed up!!

Day 16 - Shoes
I have been living in my running sneakers lately!! While I really enjoy my Nike Fuel equipment, I LOVE my Adidas running kicks. They fit me like a glove and ever since I made the switch a few years ago it has made the biggest difference in my runs! Today though I've opted for a navy and white stripped boat shoe :)


Day 17 - Swolemate
Going to get a bit mushy on you...Randy is many, many things including my walking buddy, personal photographer, pep-talk-giver and even the kick in the butt to get out the door when I need it!! He supports and motivates me every day with his own fitness, inspiring me to push further! On another note: struggled through a run this morning and didn't quite, resulting in negative splits :)


No comments:

Post a Comment