Friday, March 2, 2012

Fit not skinny


Holy hot momma!

  A battle with the scale is something that a lot of people deal with every day.  One of my biggest concerns is for those of us with higher than average muscle tone.  Personally, I believe BMI to be a crock.  According to that, Patrice Bergeron is borderline obese...
... haha ya ok.
  Now obviously I'm not saying that I couldn't hit the cardio a bit harder, but realistically, some media sets the bar with unrealistic models who barely have the arm strength to lift the bottle with their daily allotment of crystal light.  Not cool.  
   

   My goal in all of this is to be fit.  NOT skinny.  I know that for me, skinny doesn't work.  My derriere just won't allow it! lol

   Cardio is my best ally in my journey to get fit.  I know that part of it is cause and effect from better eating.  When I am in training for the races, I take much more consideration into what I am eating.  I know for a fact that if I eat like crap... I am going to run like crap.  If I eat healthy and light and often, my runs are FAR more productive.  Try it!
   I am also not a huge fan of weights.  I much prefer plyo-type exercises that use your own weight rather than machines or free-weights.  I know I have a fear of bulking up.  Being so small I feel like and muscle I add to my shoulders or arms makes me look too stalky.
   
   My biggest recommendation to anyone looking to get fit is make a plan.  If you go into without a plan, then there is nothing to gauge your progress.  Not good!  Set monthly, or even weekly goals! Write them down and hold yourself accountable!  That is the best way to make sure you stick to it.

Have a great weekend and happy running :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment