Thursday, February 16, 2012

Strength training

 

   Lovely cold and flu season, right on schedule.  I decided not to run last night, as I was feeling quite run down.  I assumed it was consequence of my 16 hour day on Tuesday, but not so much.  Woke up this morning feeling terrible.  I decided to over-medicate (slightly) and head to school anyways.  I am hoping my symptoms taper off as the day goes on, so just MAYBE I can attempt even a sort run this evening.
   
   But anyways, I wanted to talk today about strength training.  I've been contemplating cross-fit for some time now.  I know it is really expensive, and I am just not sure it's for me.  Has anyone tried it?  What do you think?
I am signed up for my second Tough Mudder this coming July and I know that I can do better in the strength department.  As a former cheerleader/gymnast I never thought I would say that.  I used to have upper body and core strength that even some guys envied... now, not so much.  That reminds me, I need to find a gym that has open workouts.  Anyways, let me know what you think!!
Happy running, and lifting! :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment