Monday, February 13, 2012

Bloat Blues



UGH!  So I now remember why last year before the 1/2 marathon I gave up alcohol for the month leading up to the run... BAD WEEKEND HABITS!! I had a great week exercising and eating.. well better than normal haha but then Saturday night comes around and a night out with the girls turns into 2 slices of pizza at 2AM that I convinced myself I just COULD NOT live without.  And then there is the DD coffee and egg sandwich the next morning to try and combat my headache... not. good.  So here I am Monday morning and my mind is ready to go, pumped for a nice run.  My body however, does not share that enthusiasm.  Weekend bloat is something I have to do a better job of beating.  I make great progress all week and then a few glasses of Pinot later, I'm back where I started.
  MyFitnessPal is a great app that I have found is great for keeping me honest with myself about what I put into my body on a daily basis.  I'm not as concerned with the caloric intake as much as the saturated fat, sodium and sugar.  It's a great tracker for anyone looking for something to just keep yourself aware.  And, make sure you log EVERYTHING!! For the first two weeks, I tried to convince myself that Chippi's didn't count... unfortunately, not true haha!
   I hope everyone has a great Monday!! Happy running :) xo

No comments:

Post a Comment