Thursday, June 12, 2014

Medal and bib display board



     I have been wanting to make one of these medal display boards for AGES and I am so glad that I finally did!

It took me a while to conceptualize the certain look that I was going for, I wanted something cute and feminine without being overly girly.  Running is tough business! I think I nailed it :)  It wasn't until after I changed my blog title and IG profile to "On the Run" that I felt like I really had a phrase or motto that I truly wanted represented up there.  Once I found it though, it was one of those epiphany moments as if to say "Of course! How could it have been anything else?!"

It was quite simple to make.  I found a piece of scrap wood in my parent's garage that had the beautiful molding on the top.  The paint is some that I borrowed from my sister, she had it left over from recently repainting her bathroom.  The knobs for the medals I found on clearance at Home Depot and the hooks for the bibs I found at a craft store in the picture frame hanging section (they were originally gold but I spray painted them black to match the knobs).  I also found the gold/white chevron washi tape in the "ribbon sticker" section at the craft store, and the letters were from the scrapbooking sticker section at the same craft store.  I love the letters because they appear sparkly but they aren't glitter, so no mess!

All in all, a very simple project with an awesome outcome that I love!
Close up of the lettering
Glitter washi tape!
Woohoo medals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment