Monday, March 4, 2013

2 weeks :)

Getting excited!!!

3/3/13 - GREAT outside run today :) Ran a course that covered 10 miles of the actual course of the HM in 2 weeks!  TIRED and damn do my hips hurt.  Almost punked out about 4 miles in but I stuck with it and felt SO great after!  It felt great to run outside, as well as with other people!  Thanks to Rachel and Geoff for being such great running buddies! :)


I also made my first "running smoothie" this morning.  Frozen mango, peaches, strawberries, pineapple, and raspberries, kale, a splash of skim milk, a cup of water and a scoop of Lean Protein Fruits and Veggies.  Taste = 8 / Looks = 2

 Special thanks to my wonderful boyfriend for putting up with my shenanigans and allowing me to use the blender at 7:15am on a Sunday! haha  The day ended with a great stretch and a terrible loss by the Bruins :(


3/4/13 - No running today, Zumba instead!  It hurt, but felt great at the same time.  Went to the chiropractor this morning, she did about 7 different stretches and adjustments.. hopefully it works!

3/5/13 - Lab and writing all day followed by class at 5pm = no running

3/6/13 - Quick 2 miles at the gym.  I have decided that treadmill running is for the birds.  My hips hurt almost immediately, so I didn't push it.  I'll try running outside tomorrow

3/7/13 - HAH!!  Very unwelcome of you "Winter Storm Saturn"  jerk.  Well I will most certainly NOT be running outside today in this terrible sloppy mess!

Good news, I am wearing my awesome new T-shirt today :)  Thanks Randy!  It is from the blog: life's a wheeze.  You guys, this blog is awesome!  She is the cutest and definitely an inspiration for all asthmatic runners!

I had an AMAZING run today on the treadmill!  I had one of my best runs I can ever remember.  I listened to techno for the first time while running today.. maybe it really does have subliminal messages! haha
I started with a 10 minute fast walk, followed by a 50 minute run (with no breaks for walks!)  In that time I completed 4 miles in 46:30.  A final 5 minute cool down run = 5.25 miles in 65 minutes.  Pretty damn psyched :)



*Nerd alert:  brought my thesis proposal slides to read while I ran*

3/8/13 - Well who needs cardio when you have 6+ inches of snow to shovel right?!? racked up nearly 1000 fuel points in 45 minutes out there!  I am thinking I will do my Make your day count workout later on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment