Wednesday, February 20, 2013

4 weeks!!

O.  M.  G.  I can't believe there is less than 4 weeks until race day!  I am getting excited, that's for sure!
This week I am going to concentrate on longevity of my runs.  I will be running 1+ hour every day, trying to prepare myself for the time it takes to compete the race, rather than the distance.  Wish me luck!


2/20/13 - Completed 3.55 miles in 45 minutes on the treadmill after almost 1 full week of no "formal" exercise.  Also, I was sans-albuterol, so I am pretty sure I did so much coughing everyone around me thought I was spreading the Bubonic Plague hahaha There was also the 1/4 mile walk to and from the car.  So we will call it 4 miles ;)  I am slightly disappointed in my FuelBand right now though.  I know it is not going to be 100% accurate, but it was off by about 30%. Hopefully when I get off the treadmill and onto the road it gets better!!

2/21/13 - Pretty big day!  I completed 5 miles in juuuust under an hour!  With my 5 minute cool down walk, my official time + distance was 5.32 miles in 1:05.  Not too bad!  My FuelBand is still pretty off :(  missed by 30% again tonight, and I am trying REALLY hard to have good form while I run, swinging my arms and whatnot.  Oh well, it's still getting the majority for now!



2/22/13 - No run today, working at the restaurant tonight!

2/23/13 - I had every intention of running today, and then didn't... fail.  But I am glad I didn't, crazy night at work had me running around wishing I could rack up the miles and cash them in come race day almost like "time-served" haha

No comments:

Post a Comment