Friday, September 28, 2012

Committed


It's official!  I have 6 1/2 months to train for the 2013 New Bedford Half Marathon and I am so excited to get an early start on training this year.  One thing that I plan to do is more total body workouts, not just cardio.  As much as I love the way that running makes me feel, I want to have a better total body fitness in 6 months.  I think that it is a very realistic goal.  My sister is now home from college and dedicated to workout out, as is my mom, so I hope that we can stick to a plan and see the results together!

This a schedule I found for a half-marathon training program.  I think I will test it out for a few weeks and decide later if I will stick to it.  The duration is only 12 weeks, and I have twice that to prepare, so maybe I will take 10-12 days for every week of the program.  We'll see.




I am really excited to get back into running as an every day occurrence, not a chore.




No comments:

Post a Comment