Sunday, July 15, 2012

Tough Mudder 2012

AMAZING.  Seriously can't believe I completed Tough Mudder for a second year in a row and lived to tell about it!  That was one of the most incredible things I have ever done and honestly feel so accomplished.

  Our team name was Run Like A Girl, my sister and I were captains with 7 boys!  We had so much fun, and we were definitely one of the crowd favorites ;)  My Uncle's bedazzled jock strap probably helped our publicity a bit!  My mom and aunt were the best supporters out there!  They were at as many stops along the course as they could go, which was quite a hike for them considering they weren't even competing.  They had an endless supply of Gatorade, peanut butter crackers, and baby-wipes for our eyes!



This year's event was so different from last year!  Last year was cold, wet and really really muddy.  This year was HOT, DRY and not very muddy.  It has been such a dry, hot spring/summer that I can only imagine how difficult it was to keep the course slushy and muddy.  It was somewhat disappointing, but still SO much fun.  Proud to say that we completed all but one obstacle as a team.  The second to last obstacle was the 1/4 pipe which was MUCH taller than last years, with about a 20 minute wait.  By that time, we could see the finish line and decided we were happy to be alive with no missing appendages, so a few of the boys gave it a go, but the rest of us decided to sideline and watch.  The run through the finish line was painful after taking a serious digger just as I was coming through the electric field!  So worth it though, to get that orange headband and a beer :)

I am so excited to find out where the Boston event will take place next year, and start getting my team ready!  We will be back :)

To find out momre info about Tough Mudder visit their website or Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment